About Me (Categories at the bottom of the page!)

Monday, December 9, 2013

John Lennon - December 8th, 1980



December 8th, 1980

I climb/trudged the stairs and put on a record of John Lennon
and thought about how his children were crying
and Yoko had an empty hole in her heart soul.

I sobbed. I had tears in my eyes. I took off the record and continued down my path for many years.

In the years that have followed, I thought what if in a thousand years, a spirit religion of peace and love grew around the myth of a man like it had 2000 years ago. The world was ready for a chance and John was as relevant to relate to as any that have walked this chunk of dirt today.

He was/is a human, had human frailties, he drank, smoked, had sex, got high but he never wandered far from the spirit of love that we all need.

John was a warm fire in a cold world. And in the future, we would need him more than ever.

I have not been a Christian, but I believe in the words of love that come from Jesus. I was never a fan of John Lennon, but I believe that the power of his love lives on and will help to guide us in the future.

Move over Jesus. You are not being replaced, but maybe you were joined by John and recently by Nelson.

We do have hope if we just listen to the ancient sounds of hope carried in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment