About Me (Categories at the bottom of the page!)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kittrick Goes to Boot Camp

Our youngest left in November to join the Army. We are Parents, we were sad and I felt like I had lost a friend that I enjoyed traveling with, and making the rounds at the nearby Music Festivals.

He is a Scout now in the Army, awaiting for the call to head to Afghanistan, but I still wanted to add these words to the blog,

Kittrick Goes to Boot Camp.



Today a little better than yesterday
the tear in my eye for you
bitter sweet
bitter sweat

and though my heart is not cluttered with
lords and mystical gods
be safe, let the spirits guard
and your gut be filled with the need
to hold close
those who watched your eyes first open.

Even now my eyes swell and fill with fear
and... pride and love and your youth.

Eventhough I have fewer years ahead than behind
take them from me so your return is swift
and we can raise a glass again and laugh heartily
at the spirits of the white moon
at the desert's starfilled sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment