About Me (Categories at the bottom of the page!)

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

There was no Ferguson. There is the fear of ISIS and Ebola and bread and Trees we pass.

I don't want to go on about last night and Ferguson. Like I said on my blog recently, there is no Ferguson, there is no Michael Brown, there is no Patrolman Wilson.
There is the United States, there is racism and fear, there are numerous and nameless children, men and woman, old and young of every race, being killed on our streets every day, every night.

But like a loaf of bread you buy or tree you pass on the road, there is not just one.
It is something we are told we must deal with but this is life and there are few do-overs. We have 250 years of hate and fear and superiority and racism etched into each and everyone one of us.

It will take much more than a town meeting. It will take much more than bowing to a God, even (as noble as it is) volunteering at a shelter or passing out food unless we can do so without recognizing that the people on the other side are us.
I know my answers. I know what would work for me. I know that some want to burn it ALL down, burn it to the ground and turn every stick and stone and brick and belonging to ash. And then start over and rebuild the m*therf*cker over right.

I knew there was a problem as I watched last night. I knew there was a problem when I saw the normally placid Candy write for the world 

      "I would not b peaceful. I would kill the m*therf*ucker. And I don't 
      even believe in the death penalty. 
      ‪#‎racismisaliveandwellintheUS. Shame on us."

I knew there was a problem when the spokesmen spent 10 minutes blaming the media and social media and the reporters and us for what happened before he even said the a unarmed child had been killed.
I knew there was a problem when he said a patrolmen driving his car, off to a emergency of a child who was having difficulty breathing saw someone clutching Swisher sweets, Swisher cigarillos in their hand from 20-30 feet away. Do you even know what a cigarillo is? When your mind is racing with the steps you need to take to save a baby, can you imagine seeing a black child, even a large black child clutching a handful of swisher sweets? Next time you are in a store look at swisher sweets, look 30 feet away while you are driving and see if you could see even a handful.
Finally I knew there was a problem when it was said that 12 shots were fired by the patrolman:1 inside the car and 11 outside the car and several hit Michael Brown. 3 bullets hit him in the head. One in the top of his head?.

I know he laid in the street for 4 1/2 hours. He laid on a hot Missouri August concrete dirty street dead for 4 1/2 hours. And people came and they knew what happened. It was no mystery. The story played out in their minds and fantasies were brewed by those that watched it happen again and by those that were no where near.

We have all bought bread. We have all passed a tree on the side of the road. We knew what happened. It has happened everyday in almist every city and we let it happen.

Sad thing is ISIS scared us, Ebola scared us. Unregistered voters scared us. Children sneaking across our borders to from their own boogey men scared us. And we were scared every day 

And then another patrolman killed another person or shot a person or beat a person or strangled a person and we drove past another tree and bought more bread.

I don't want to go on about last night and Ferguson. Like I said on my blog recently, there is no Ferguson, there is no Michael Brown, there is no Patrolman Wilson.


No comments:

Post a Comment